Sunday, April 17, 2011

did i mention GOTAPEN-is this an anti anxiety pill?

I don't consider myself an ugly person. I'm no Cindy Crawford or Angelina Jolie but I'm no plastic surgery candidate either with a "if looks could kill" face. so, when I approach someone at the store, i don't really expect a reaction like I got on one of my first days solo on the floor.

imagine me walking up and down the aisles "Hi! How are you doing today?" "What can I help you find today?" (oooo did you see that? open ended question baby!!) "You doing alright today?" and so on and so forth. I'm walking towards the front of the store when I notice a lady with a shopping cart (and no I didn't O.ffer her a cart) looking at drapery. I pass a pillar holding some sort of lawn chair cover up and go around it to walk towards her. As I approach I say "Hi! How are you doing today?"

Now, imagine my surprise when she darts her head around mid touch and look at the drapery to say "fine" as quickly as Michael Johnson ran the 200 and as equally sheepish. Just a quickly as she said "fine", she had removed her hand from the drapery and was sprinting down the aisle away from me and never looked back. I know this because I stood there watching her cart take flight towards the other side of the store.

Was it something I said?? Do I have a gigantic bat in my cave? Oh wait....its my teeth! Crap! I always have food stuck in my teeth.

Whatever the reason, that lady bolted away from the drapery and my overly enthusiastic greeting. Lady, I don't work on commission and I assure you that I am not going to try and sell you that overly priced drapery for your guest room, master or living room. If you want it, you'll get it and I'll answer any questions you may have. So, go take some more Paxil and try your public outing again when you aren't scared into submission by my "Hi!" K. Thanks.


Tomorrow...the lady who bought almost $1000 worth of stuff.....damn you non-commission job!

No comments:

Post a Comment